Monday, January 23, 2012

Planting trees and shrubs with a story.



                    Life seems to happen when we are not looking! Often in our lives we have events that happen and we would like to do something to make them have meaning or to demonstrate that it has meaning to us. Our family planted trees to honor those who passed. I have memories as a young child of planting a tree in honor of those who we lost. I continue this practice even today as we have trees that were planted in honor. We often say " Tony's tree" or " Grandpa tree" or "Grandma bush".

                          It is a living tribute that brings fond memories to our minds. Plants can be planted to mark an occasion such as weddings, graduations or achievements of any type. I find myself reliving those occasions as I look upon the tree. I marvel at the time passing since it was planted as now it is a large tree as it was just a sparse representation before.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Custom Search